Make the most of your skiing or boarding experience by being fully prepared. Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure you have a safe and fun-filled day.
1. PLAN YOUR OUTING
• Before you leave, check the weather and snow conditions on our website or call us at 450-229-1404, option 1.
• Are you a beginner and would like to improve your technique? Book a ski or snowboard lesson with one of our experienced instructors. Many package deals are available, including full equipment rental. For more information, visit the snow school section or call us at 450-229-1404, option 3.
• We recommend you arrive one hour prior to your ski lesson!
2. YOUR CLOTHING
• Dress in warm, dry and comfortable clothing. It is recommended to wear layers and fabrics that breathe well.
• On sunny days, consider wearing sunscreen to protect your skin. Snow reflects the sun.
• “Hot Shots” feet and hand warmers are also recommended on colder days and can be purchased at our shop.
• Wearing a helmet and goggles is also strongly recommended.
3. TRAIL MAP
• Look over the trail map to familiarize yourself with the mountain prior to your arrival.
• It’s important to choose trails that suit your skill level.
• If you stop on your way down, move over to the side of the hill and stay visible to others.
• Familiarize yourself with the Alpine Responsibility Code to better understand the safety guidelines, before you hit the slopes.
• A helmet is strongly recommended by Ski Chantecler and the Quebec Ski Resort Association (Association des Stations de Ski du Québec). For more information, visit myhelmet.ca
• Lockers ($) are available inside the lodge to store your personal effects, and there are secure ski and snowboard racks outside (bring your Ski Key or consider getting one at the shop).
• Bring cash for the lockers since there is no ATM at the mountain. Our cashiers can also make change for you.